Here is the programme for this year’s Marche de la Memoire on 9-10 September 2017, to commemorate the exodus of the Jews from St Martin Vésubie in 1943.
Pour la version en français, voir notre page Facebook: (or for more information, see our Facebook page): www.facebook.com/MarcheDeLaMemoire)
Saturday 9 September – Salle Grinda in the Vesubia Sports Centre
14.30–18.45 (Free access)
- 14.30 Inge Pénot-Eberhardt will retrace the story of Ludwig GREVE, German poet and writer, who, after having lived in St Martin-Vésubie escaped into Italy. In the presence of Cornelia GREVE, daughter of Ludwig, and her husband, their elder son Arnon will read extracts from the works of his grandfather, put into French.
- 16.00 Testimony of survivors from the flight
Child survivor – Fred Prysquel
The Righteous Among the Nations of Saint Martin Vesubie
Sunday 10 September – Marche de la Mémoire towards the Col de Fenestre
Leave at 8.30am from the refuge at la Madone de Fenestre
- 12.00 Meet up with the Italians at the col/pass
- 16.00 Reading of the names of the deported and of the ‘Righteous Among the Nations of Saint Martin Vesubie’ on the memorial stones at Saint Martin Vésubie, by the War Memorial
- 17.00 Refreshments offered by the Saint Martin Vésubie Town Hall